Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mirror Mess

The mirror was installed today and the quality was quite disappointing.  I reached a point in this project where I don't even want to show this to my Mom because of the mistakes I made.  What a difference from a week ago when I couldn't wait for it to finish so I could show the unit to family and friends.  Now, I'm a bit hesitant and embarassed.

The corners are a mess.  One went out of the thickness of the tiles when it should have stayed within and the application of the sealant on the edges were not pretty at all.  I don't know how to resolve this except swallow my pride.

 Finishing work has slowed down the process but it's to be expected because the work entails more care.

I started canvassing materials for the next project and discovered something that I could've used to bring the cost of the kitchen counter down -- granite tiles.  I only considered natural granite, synthetic granite, MDF boards and stainless steel and settled on natural granite only to find this neat and cheaper alternative.  Ah well, at least I get to use it on the next job. 

And just to put things into perspective, this was emailed to me just now:

                                                 Some of what you think  
                                                 are very important today 
                                                 are actually totally and
                                                 utterly worthless 
                                                 in the larger picture.

In fairness, the mirror guys came back the next day and re-installed the mirror.  It's still not as perfect as I want it to be but it's better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment