Thursday, June 2, 2011

Woohoo Next Project!

My bubbling excitement for the next project is dampened by some mistakes on the current project.  We have about a little over a week left to finish the renovation work and at the same time, we hope to start on the next project which is a pantry.  However, there are some bugs and baggage lodged in my head in the shape of ill-proportioned, preventable mistakes in the current project.  So a cleaner must sweep away these distracting garbage so I can move on.  

A couple of months ago, an architect friend showed me a house he designed and more than anything else he ranted about the errors in the actual construction and his hesitation to show his other works because of the imperfections.  I told myself that I wouldn't be like that -- that I'd be proud and happy with what work I finish, warts and all, not focus on the mistakes, not hone in on the dot on the paper but the paper itself.  But boy, was that a mistake in itself!  I was wrong to think that I wouldn't feel tugging pain or else I could control and erase the sharp pangs of frustration over things that I could have rectified but I didn't (lost opportunities), or things that I could not alter but wished I could (legitimate booboos). Maybe when the project is done, I can make a therapeutic two-column list of the two types of mistakes with a third column on how to prevent them from happening next time.

Anyway, moving on. . . . these are pictures of the next project site: 
 This is not the site itself but the space before entering the room to be renovated which is . . . . 

 tadah . . . . this one.  Just walk into that door and that's the space we'd be transforming into a pantry.



I have to meet with the building administration engineer to work out the electrical and other requirements so hopefully we'll be able to start next week.  Meanwhile, I'll try sweeping away those bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment