Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fave Chile

 Since a few days ago I started a sentimental trip to last year's Shanghai Expo via the UK pavilion, and since I have a lot of extra time due to doctor's orders not to leave the house, I've decided to post photos of one of my favorite pavilions from Expo 2010.  My family went together on the second to the last day of the event.  As such, we went through the pavilions chosen for us by the Philippine Embassy, which we were so grateful for since it saved us hours and hours of excruciating lining up.  On the last day, my mom wanted to go elsewhere and I opted to go back to the Expo to visit buildings I wanted to see because of the architecture.  I went with my baby and conveniently, there was a cool lime green stroller that you could borrow for free.  It turned out I couldn't get into the pavilions I wanted to examine and gawk at because of the impossible lines, so I had to find at least one building I admired that I could easily get in.  Chile was it and boy, was it a design wonder to behold! Tactile. Sensual. Light and spatially dynamic. The pictures speak for themselves:  








          
Check out the architect of the Chile Pavilion:
http://sabbagharquitectos.com/_eng/0000_FONDOS.html

My son's the perfect model to show off the building's features.  Hehe.  Biased Mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment