Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some Good Finds

Work's proceeding on time and within budget.  When I'm not on-site, I canvas materials and in the process have found more affordable alternatives to bring the total project cost down.  However, we won't know this for a fact until the last centavo for renovation has been spent and the unit is fully ready to be occupied.  


Upon the suggestion of the head carpenter-mason, I went to the Munoz-Balintawak area to look for natural granite.  The ones I've found in Home Depot and along Sucat were on the expensive side.  Synthetic granite is way over the budget and can't even be considered for this.   Along north EDSA in the Munoz area, there was a crowded row of stone, granite and marble suppliers with competitive prices and I got around five quotations. There were also materials for pebble wash-out that gave me an idea on how to solve the dilemma that there's not enough leftover tiles from my Mom for the balcony.  We can have thick strips of pebble wash-out running between the tiles.  

Another great source I found today is the Tile Depot along Pasong Tamo which carried nice, less pricey tiles from China.  One of the stalls inside the Home Depot Balintawak branch carried Malaysia-made laminated wood flooring material that was cheaper but comparable to the quality of the German-made one I was originally eyeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment