Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Moving Along

Getting the local "arawan" to finish the bathroom was really the right and wise move.  He's easy to work with, "madaling kausapin" and the job got done on time without excuses unlike the local contractor who milked the project without giving back quality on-time work.  I'm still berating myself for choosing wrongly but it seems I have a weakness where I get immediately impressed by somebody, get satisfied with just one discussion with the person and don't shop around anymore for alternatives.  This practice has got to stop.  This bad habit has got to be fixed.
The lamp foot is courtesy of Elsor who is based in Manila.  I tried it with a heavy piece of metal first but that didn't work out.  This one's a nice piece of molave from Mom's workshop.
The headboard is almost finished except for the box where the cellphones and other gadgets can be plugged in.
Locked up and secured, the house looks like this:





What I like about the picture below is that it shows how small the structures are in the landscape.  I'm afraid of the three story house my Mom would like to eventually build on this site.  I don't like buildings overwhelming natural beauty if the structure is insensitively proportioned or supersized.
Besides not seeing the mini-beach home through the finish line, the other hard thing about not being able to personally visit Calatagan now is missing my beach outings with Joshua.  At least we enjoyed a good holiday in Matabungkay the last time we went together and Jason takes pictures that make me feel I've relished the day with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment