Monday, November 14, 2011

Glad Even If I'm Not There

Even if I don't see for myself how the Calatagan beach house turns out in the last few days of construction, I'm quite happy to see it realized through the photos taken by Jess.  I've accepted the fact that I can't drive up to Calatagan for a while but I can still monitor the work by delegation.  Today, I met with the foreman in the hospital so we can discuss the final materials that need to be bought.

I'm glad with the pictures taken by Jess that show his unique perspective.  The only thing I'm worried about is the bathroom.  The local contractor has not been able to deliver on time and with the quality I expected.  Take for example the strength of the water coming out of the shower.  In fairness, they will continue to work on it but it seems one excuse after another and my staff taking attendance reports that only a few workers come from their team and there are days when no one shows up at all.  The tiling was supposed to have started days ago but now they're just welding the steel bar supports for the granite sink counter.  Despite these minor anxieties, I believe everything will turn out well because foreman Raul will be there to monitor everything.

 The bedroom's looking more and more livable, ready for use.

I'll also have to discuss with Nady, the carpenter about the desk, beds and headboard.  These were the ones crafted in Manila while there are parts that need to be constructed on site.



I don't think I would've taken a picture like this so Jess really captured beautifully a certain dynamic spirit of the light, wood, glass and bamboo.


No comments:

Post a Comment