Friday, November 11, 2011

Last Photo Probably

After going around so many hardware depots and stores to choose the counter material for the bathroom sink, I found the one that I hope my Mom would like and that I like as well.  There were materials that I liked but I knew she wouldn't go for so I couldn't let the selfish gene get in the way.  So I was happy to find this and really hope she likes it as well.  If not . . . . well-what's-new-at-least-i-tried.
The idea behind this mobile beach home is that if my Mom is not using it, everything is closed up completely and nobody can see what's inside so I've provided these sliding doors to further seal this entry corner.
The ribbon grain plywood is getting the finishing touches.

I didn't know that this may be the last photo I take of the Calatagan project myself.  A health emergency came up and for the next trips to Calatagan, I have to send my driver to take pictures so that I could be updated. But this has happened in a previous project when a serious health issue prevented me from regular site visits.  At least I have people who can monitor for me and work around a more troublesome arrangement just to get the project done.

And I ask myself, why does this keep happening to me?  Is it because I'm not meant to be in this line of work OR are these barriers just placed in the way to test my resolve and commitment?  I think it's more of the second and the setbacks are just temporary.  I had calling cards made for my design, renovation, construction, project management biz and now I cannot practice again because of a higher priority.  Ah well, I'm getting more practice in work delegation and crafting arrangements to reach the finish line even if I'm wounded in the trenches.  Of course, it would be nice to be in the front line of battle but it's not yet time for me to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment