Monday, July 1, 2013

Frugal Fort, Ort & Mort

In my entry called Frugal Fort, I forgot to include New Bombay and Chuck's Deli in the group of restaurants that do not inflict that much pain on the pocket while satisfying the taste buds. New Bombay is located beside Suzhou which is near the Starbucks with the drive thru while Chuck's Deli is in Serendra.  Neighboring Mexicali's not bad either.

I also happily discovered that my favorite in the Ortigas area, Brasas Latin American Street Food was now present at SM Aura although it was a bit disappointing to always find long lines in the food court on weekends.  When I finally tried it out one quiet weeknight, it was not as good as the Podium branch.

My other frugal favorite in the Ortigas area is this Korean buffet restaurant along Meralco Ave. on the building beside Caltex where there's a Brother's Burger and 7-11 on the ground floor.  This place gets a lot of Korean customers and I go gaga over the grilled meat you wrap in big leaves, make-your-own bibimbap and noodles.  I wanted to take a picture of the noodle set-up but it gets finished by famished patrons fast so I just took a photo of the instructions.  If you go there during lunch time, you can have the buffet (pork only for the grill) for P299 inclusive of VAT.

The other happy belt-tightening discovery was 7-11 in Angat, Bulacan.  I usually am wary about those microwavable food because more often than not, the quality does not come with the low price but this time, the roasted chicken was surprisingly tasty.  Now I'm wondering if this is true for all 7-11 branches or is this just a fluke?  I'm hoping it's the former so I'd have hope that value meals really do have value.







No comments:

Post a Comment