Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Farm Log Number Whatever

I was supposed to religiously keep track of farm-related activities through this blog but I realized that when reality veers away from plans, it gets discouraging to have ideas whittled down.  However, now it's apparent that they were dressed down for a purpose.

For the Calatagan farm, I set out with a list of ideas only to be left with the fishpond and now that I've got bangus fingerlings deposited into the recently repaired ponds, I'm thinking of bailing out because it's too frustrating to deal with the landowner.  The light switches on, blinks and bleeps, "Don't give up!"  I've got to hold on at least till harvest time.  Meanwhile, we're having trouble finding prawn fry and tree saplings are being put in plastic bags to be replanted.

Regarding the farm in Angat, we're regrouping after almost a year of lackluster performance. The cucumbers took us for an interesting, lesson-filled, serendipitous ride and now hubby and I are ready for the next step. We've decided to get a farm manager upon hearing the story of my friend whose dad simply hired someone who knew more than he did agriculturally and their farm has been fruitful and profitable since then.  I placed ads through the internet and we're in the process of interviewing the candidates.

We met someone who seems to share the same dreams and vision about organic farming so things are definitely looking up and up.


No comments:

Post a Comment