Thursday, July 21, 2011

Va Va Va Bene!

Because it's more than good.....it's very, very to the nth power good.....it's the best!  

I got a text dinner invitation and since Icee always introduces us to the best restaurants, I immediately replied yes.  The location was a bit intriguing: the second floor of a Petron station along EDSA corner Pasay Road.  Usually, eateries found in a gas station are of the Chow King-Jollibee variety but this one takes fine dining to a truly unexpected spot but never mind, so less people go there and I can have  all the pasta to myself.  Haha!  No such luck, though.  The place seems always full and reservations are necessary.

We ordered almost everything on Va Bene's menu and each bite gave the cliche "bursting with flavor" new meaning and dimension, lifting it to whole new levels.  I've never felt like this in a restaurant before where I want to hug the chef so tightly and bang my head on his shoulder telling him, thank you, thank you for creating this.

I was only able to take pictures of the pasta, lamb and dessert but missed the salads because we gobbled them up before unleashing my camera.  However, the salads should not, I repeat, should not be missed.  I also did not include here other pictures because they didn't do justice to the photo subject.  These barely do either but they'll have to suffice.





Here are the va, va, va happy to the max eaters.  If happiness is eating a perfect plate of pasta what do you call eating multiple perfect plates from antipasto (appetizer) to dolce (dessert)?

No comments:

Post a Comment