Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jagged Edges

The old guardhouse used these broken mirrors with jagged edges to be able to see the oncoming vehicles.  We've replaced them with decent car side mirrors.


Putting all that glass in this tiny space made it a virtual greenhouse that heated up when enclosed so we added louvred windows.  I wish that in my original design, I was able to anticipate this and plan more properly.  If I could redo this over, I would put in more louvres but then it would be too costly to overhaul the design at this stage.  The measures put in place seem enough to ventilate the room.  



 I had this shoddy work repeated.  If you look at the original guardhouse, the carpenter took care hammering the nails in evenly spaced and the GI sheet is applied flat on the hardiflex.  I should have called attention to this earlier because I was already observing something was wrong before this was painted.   However, I think my reflexes are a bit slow to react and it takes staring long at pictures before I spot the mistake.  But at least, there's still time to correct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment