Wednesday, August 24, 2011

On Board

While doing the mobile home for my mom in Calatagan, I'm also coordinating the road construction for her since I'm in the area several times a week.  The existing concrete road only covers one third of the property and we've been suffering for years traversing the muddy roads during the rainy season, risking getting stuck each time we go there.  But since my hubby is into off-roading, it's an adventure roller coaster ride with all the bumps and we do get stuck sometimes that people have to push or pull the vehicle out.  However, it's just not practical and not wise to have a road that horrendously bad for the longest time. My mom's been postponing construction for years but 2011, hopefully we'll make it for sure.  The contract has been signed and we're just waiting out the rains to stop next month before project commencement.
To get things finalized, I had to meet with the contractor several times and visited him in his house where these lovely, found objects hang oblivious to their own artistic merit.
I got my mom's best carpenter on board the mobile home project and I am so happy.  It's so easy working with him and talking to him about design ideas because anything is possible.   Sometimes, with ordinary workers you get the feeling they just want to do the easy or quick stuff but with Elsor, my mom's master carpenter, it's delivering quality and thinking out solutions well.
My mom's best and only welder has been on board the project since day one and he's also easy to work with.


We tried out different cladding ideas and two worked but one didn't.  These bamboo slats go under the corrugated fiberglass to provide extra shade and to de-intensify the heat from the fiberglass.  The flat fiberglass, though, is another story.  It looks too flimsy and cheap so we'll use glass instead combined with strips of sandblasted sticker. But this will have to wait till we come back from China.  Tomorrow, hubby, son and I are flying back to our other home where my in-laws have been dying to be with their super lovable, cute grandson.


Blogspot, like You Tube and Facebook are banned in China, so unless I get a VPN or access somewhere else, this might be my last entry for three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment