Thursday, September 22, 2011

Reboot After a Month

After a blogless, blog-proof, blog-free three weeks in China, it's great to finally update my electronic diary of projects.  As soon as we arrived, I made preparations for the crew to go back to resume work in Calatagan, bought the necessary materials and headed there this Wednesday September 21.
Everyone was excited to go back to work after the break.  Some of them didn't get any construction job in between so they appreciated the opportunity even if it takes them away from their family for a while.


The sliding wood slat panels were made in my mom's Paranaque workshop while I was in China.  It was a good way to make use of the time and to continue the work even without my supervision.  My mom's head carpenter did the supervisory work for me.  I thought he would be able to go back to Calatagan with us but my mom needs him more in Manila.  Nevertheless, we continue with having two teams at work - one in Calatagan and the other in Paranaque.  This is the only way we can meet the end-of-October target.


Another team is going to help us finish on time.  I've outsourced the jalousies to a local company located just outside the farm.  They checked out the site, did the measurements, submitted a quotation which I immediately approved.  Here they are contemplating with the foreman what to do with the mosquito screens.  Our team in Calatagan will still do the mosquito screens while the Paranaque team will prepare the used wood so we save money.
While we were in China, the four regular staff in the Calatagan farm collected bamboo to complete this patio roof screen.  It's bumpier and more crooked than the these ones from Tagaytay.  We brought the bamboo back to be turned into sun shades at the Paranaque workshop.

Since all the welding was finished, it was pretty quick to install the bathroom roof.  The welder had to return to add two more wheels to the bathroom trailer, weld the bathroom floor in place and finish the patio support.

No comments:

Post a Comment