Thursday, March 22, 2012

In the Footsteps of "Awesome"

Ever since health issues cropped up late last year, eating has become more strategic, choosing quality over quantity and with the help of food bloggers and foodies, the list of must go-to places has grown longer than the time to try them out.  I compulsively keep going back to three blogs for tips and recommendations: "Our Awesome Planet," "Jin Loves to Eat" and even though I have gestational diabetes and should not look at or consider this blog at all, I am always drawn to and tempted by "Dessert Comes First" because of the beautiful way Lori writes.    

Since I'll be gone from Manila for three months, I emailed various friends and asked them to choose from a list.  Instead of picking from the list, Charles strongly suggested The Canteen on Rada St., Legaspi Village near her office.   It's one of those places that surely has been written about because the food is really good and office workers tend to go there early to get guaranteed seating in the rather limited dining space which is shared with the clothes shop, Trilogy.  I would definitely come back for the salads and to try other things in the wide-ranging menu.
  


The picture below is of the super duper delicious spaghettini (drooled over by two pregnant women - Bunny and me) from The Corner Tree Cafe where we had the graduation lunch of my nephew Chino.  His mom, my sister Denise wanted us to go all-out healthy vegan-vegetarian and at first chose Sugar Leaf over at Wilson St. but then like a conscientious bride doing her homework, she taste-tested a meal there and disappointed, switched the venue to The Corner Tree at Jupiter St.  Anton Diaz of the Awesome Planet calls it probably the best vegetarian place in Makati.  It occupies a small lot but the meals inside pack a wallop.  

Next, Boots and I tried Faburrito.  It was a bit eerie going there at twelve noon and we were the only customers for a while before other people started dropping in spurts, some taking out their brown bags.  It was a busy office area so I imagined it should be fuller like other neighboring restaurants.   I'm guessing, it's their rather limited menu that doesn't attract a crowd who usually want choices galore.  I over-indulged with the carbo-loaded burrito but Boots kept her diabetes in check with the soft taco -- both yummy.
The next place on the food adventure is Wabi Sabi at the Collective.  I took so many pictures that i'm putting it in the next blog entry.  


No comments:

Post a Comment