Friday, February 24, 2012

The Logos Hope Childhood

The last time I went to the big ship bookstore, it was still the MV Doulos before and I took my two little brothers with me.  They were less than 10 years old back then and now they're gigantic men attending college with schedules and lives of their own far apart from mine.  Digging up the old photos makes me a bit sad that those days can never return.  There will never be that ease of taking them out at a whim because they have to consult their girlfriend or classmates. 

I went today to the MV Logos Hope with my husband, son and stepmom.   I was hoping to bring the once-little-now-big Carlo and Bobby but they had classes.  It's always a joy bringing children anywhere since they see everything with the freshest of eyes and Joshua was no different grinning with excitement at the gigantic ship.  

These are the books I got - nine all in all priced at P100 - P150.  I didn't want to go over that range because if I did then I should've just bought from Booksale.  However I allowed myself the indulgence of a P250 Hot Air Balloon book because we recently went to the Clark Hot Air Balloon Fest and Joshua would swoon over the pictures of the colorful flying objects.


That drawing on the left side was made by Joshua while we waited for Tita Tessie to finish shopping for all the Christian books her heart desired.  Joshua's usually glued to the Disney Junior channel so it's great to find Handy Manny and Little Einsteins sticker books.  I chose only one book for myself -- the Asian cookbook.  Usually, I'd get more but I'm awaiting the arrival of a Kindle so got to practice self-control.

Too bad the people behind Logos Hope didn't sell food beyond hotdogs, popcorn, cookies and ice cream because we would have loved to try cuisine from different continents.  It would be a great way to share culture if they had various nationalities represented through food.  The other thing they didn't take advantage of is the lovely ocean setting.  We were just shepherded into the bookstore, a gallery and into a cafe and except for the cafe, it was just a big windowless room that could be anywhere.  It would be nice if they allocated deck space to welcome visitors who can enjoy the infinite ocean - sky view, sitting down sipping latte or tea and chatting up the crew. 


We had a very late lunch at the nearby Little Lamb hotpot restaurant, one of my hubby's favorite and now my stepmom's too.  The healthy broth was so gorgeous and after leaving the place, I dreamed of going back there as soon as tonight.

Here are more photos of Carlo and Bobby - sentimental trip down memorable childhood.  I hope as Joshua grows up, I can always take him places and he doesn't have to check his calendar.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, Jo! Great with the old photos of your brothers with the Doulos. I love shot of you and Joshua by the window. Ah I wish you went on SSEAYP...from breakfast to dinner, 5 meals, food from all the Asian cultures represented. Thanks for resto info too. My sister was thinking Museo after the ship, but I was wondering where to eat. For the kids I think the ship will suffice, Museo another day. You think?

    ReplyDelete