Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shuffle

Ideally, this would be finished at the end of the month and within budget.  However, at the rate I'm going, sadly but no surprise, both targets can't be met.

An opportunity in Manila came up to renovate a small portion of a house.  Since I had found an electrician-plumber-labor contractor from Calatagan who seemed promising, I thought I'd save money by putting the Manila workers back in a Manila project and then the local contractor can finish the mobile beach home using local workers, thus reducing operational cost.  We prepared a turn-over from one team to another but the local contractor gave me a higher price than expected and I wasn't sure of the quality of workmanship unlike the team from Manila whom I've worked with in several projects.  The Manila workers started on the new project and now we have to find a way to get them back to Calatagan by shuffling the workers appropriate for the task.

The new project . . . that's another story for another entry.






No comments:

Post a Comment