Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rain and Ignorance Costs

 The jalousies went up quickly although I suspect I was overcharged but such is the purpose of this exercise -- to make mistakes and discover better and better ways of accomplishing things.  

 The rains are really driving up my operational costs because it's driving down productivity.  However, the other major factor is the use of workers from Manila in Calatagan.  It's better to find local talents and hands but how does one find those that can be trusted and with a good track record?  Through a bit of time getting to know some locals with an established network. 



Ronald, the electrician-plumber-contractor was introduced to me by the Ate Flory, the hardware owner who's been so helpful in putting me in touch with people I needed. Ate Flory, it seems knows everyone in Calatagan.  I wish I had met Ronald earlier in this project since he had a lot of good ideas - ideas much better, smarter and cheaper than mine in bringing water and electricity to the remote structure.  Ah well.  Nothing but lessons that need to be etched in memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment