Saturday, March 26, 2011

The First Contender

This is the two bedroom apartment that I'm aiming to renovate within three weeks with a budget of P45,000.  Week one has passed and mostly that was spent taking out the bathroom tiles.  To save on costs, I used the scrap wood from another renovation project which I've put on hold because this has to be finished first because the occupant is moving in soon.   Also, that other project is a lot bigger than this and would take a couple of months.

I wish I had a bigger budget to work with so that I can do more to improve the spaces especially the windows and doors but I'll have to work with what's available.  That's also part of the game that I intend to win - come in within the budget while creating spaces that the occupant would relish to go home to.

The main bedroom upstairs is well-lit but the kitchen and living areas downstairs are shrouded in darkness.   For this main bedroom, I wish I can install sandblasted glass that would allow light to go into the other bedroom which has no access to natural light.  However, that would be too expensive and there must be a creative yet cheap way to mask the ugliness of this wall -- curtains!

The furnitures have been donated by a relative and I have to scrounge around for additional donations to furnish this.

Dark, dingy and sad corner of the kitchen that we hope can be resurrected in new light.  Apparently, the windows continue up till the end and were just boarded up to make way for cabinet space. 


No comments:

Post a Comment