Saturday, August 24, 2013

Not Bruce Lee Enough

Today I realized that I wasn’t Bruce Lee enough and made the mistake of resisting forces head-on instead of flowing and humbling myself like water.  It’s a depressing realization because I brought upon myself so much stress, angst and agony for nothing.  

I could’ve just acquiesced and adjusted to fit the required mold because anyway, there was room for creativity elsewhere though not in areas where it required I bend.  In refusing to bend, in rushing to beat imaginary finish lines helter skelter, I ended up broken, defeated in a battle that is so very not worth it.  It’s embarrassing and more embarrassing to say, stupid.

I apologize to and must forgive myself for committing this error and hope it goes down the annals of personal history as a turning point to just be Bruce Lee and learn from water by being water. 

But the merits of water never appealed to me till now that I’m pushed and broken, stretched and cannot return to the original shape.  Ah, when does next time come so I can prove myself worthy of Bruce Lee?  When is the next battle that I can transform into a non-battle?  When is the next opportunity to redeem myself?

Soon!  They come every day and I only have to write and sleep this nightmare episode off because there are more disturbances to come.  But this time I’ll be Bruce Lee enough to turn specter into their opposites and I would be living, breathing and walking a dream.   I would be water.







No comments:

Post a Comment