Friday, February 15, 2013

Farm Log No. 3

There was an I-wanna-give-up-this-dream moment at the point of someone's rejection of my idea but thankfully, perseverance prevailed.  We have yet to see though the whole marathon of thousands of kilometers but I hope to hurdle those frustrating and short-lived instances.  I am buoyed by seeing instructions relayed only through the cellphone bear fruit.  Here they have started the worm composting area.  Seedling trays contain on-your-mark-get-set-go-grow pods of germination. 
 
Soil preparation may be costly if you get a tractor, but wanting to start small I pushed for doing things manually first and consider renting in the future before even considering buying a tractor.  In the farm that he is handling, my husband decided right away on the outright purchase of this equipment but he is probably braver than me in shelling out capital.  On the cautious side, I'd like to start on a humbler scale.  (Probably because I'm also using the last tranche of my savings from China.)
 
I mistakenly thought a backpack type of sprayer would be used for the mango trees.  My husband got one for me from Binondo cheaper than the one sold in the province.  But the tall mango trees need the mechanized type to reach the top so we'd most likely rent that when the organic spray is ready.  The knapsack type we can use for the vegetables on the ground.
 
Carling and Edwin, the two who attended the organic farm training at Costales Farm in Laguna, seems to be excited with the whole venture of learning and experimenting and even if Gary didn't join the three-day course, he seems to be infected with the two's eagerness.  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment